Friday, September 30, 2016

Ful - Oct - Canvas - Believe in Yourself!



Hallo Paper & Uni friends!
I'm having so much fun with the Flying Unicorn October Your Passion your Art Kit.
In it we got the brand new Prima Stencil Believe. At first I was a little stumped as to what to do with it, so I had a little look around and Cari Fennel from Prima had a fabulous idea. 


I set out to start with gesso-ing my canvas. Although it's pre-done. I like to do it again. Once dry I used the Oil Pastels to create a background. I chose 2 colors to blend, with the dark brown doe some highlights. This dries quite quickly. Now it's time to get out the stencil and modelling paste.
I have to say doing such a big stencil in one go is something I've rarely managed to do nicely, but it worked. I got a bigger icing spatula to spread the paste.


Just give it plenty of time to dry and then it's time to start the coloring in  process. Because we got the gorgeous blue flowers I based the colors on this. The leaves used in the flowers arrangement I sprayed with the Color Bloom we got in the kit and some Shimmerz, giving it a nice sheen and color. Assembling the rest of the flowers and a final coat of tea stain color bloom for a little glow and we're done with the canvas. I'm rather happy with the result.


Below the list of used items:

Flying Unicorn October Kit - Your Passion Your Art
Canvas
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Prima - Stencil - Believe - 587185
Prima - Modeling Paste - 961411
Prima - Flowers - 590000
Prima - Del Mar - Quarter - 577575
Prima - Del Mar - Andalusian - 577582
Prima - Oil Pastels - 814328
Prima - Color Bloom 2 - Golden Walnut - 588786
Shimmerz - Spritz - Bamboo Leaf
Prima - Coy - Liam - 581138

Thank you very much for looking.


Have a scrappy day!

Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
1168 SE Capital Circle
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment