Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Flying Unicorn - June Kit - XOXO!


Hello Paper and Uni friends!
It's that time of the month again that we at Flying Unicorn are proud to show you what we have designed with the kit this month. This month is a gorgeous combination of colors and products.


I started with prepping my background paper with clear gesso and cutting my other dark piece of paper in different sized triangles. Once dry I placed the triangles over the page. Again I covered the pieces with clear gesso. Around some of the Triangles I accentuated it with some extra color using the Prima Pastels. 


Now I got out the stencil and used it with the crackle paste. Randomly spread over the paste. It's best to let crackle paste dry on it's own for an optimum result. 


In the meantime I prepared the mould pieces. I first misted it with the Shimmerz Vibez - Palm Reader, let it dry and than put accents with the Prima - Color Bloom - Soft Teal - 573782 which was part of this months kit. The colors are a beautiful combination. Once this was dry I used Prima - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Silver Spoon -963101 and dry-brushed the pieces. 


Now that the background is completely dry it was time to color it. Let me tell this scares me to no end. Many a time I will ruin a layout doing this , so after the first mist spray I was ready to give up. It was time to switch it up. I had to use a brush to get a more controlled way of doing it. 


The flower arrangement is a mixture of Prima - Salvage District Flowers and the beautiful Petaloo-Garden Rosettes from the kit. Some Say-it-with Crystals bling and the gorgeous multi-colored Prills for some final beautifaction.


I hope you're enjoying your new kit and that this has inspired you a little.

Below is a list with all the used products:

Prima - Salvage District - Restored - 586379
Petaloo-Garden Rosettes-Green-1212214
Prima - IOD - Baroque 5 - 814816
Prima - Textured Paste - Platinum Crackle - 961527
Prima - Color Bloom - Soft Teal - 573782
Shimmerz Vibez - Palm Reader
Prima - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Silver Spoon -963101
Small flowers
Clear Gesso
Tim Holtz Mini Collection Stencil - Set 7 - THMST007

Thank you for looking!

Have a wonderful day!



Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
1168 SE Capital Circle
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment